Monday, March 21, 2011

Green

I live in a place where it is green in the winter and spring, and brown in the summer. Sounds weird to my East Coast friends whose lawns are brown or under snow. It has its benefits - we don't get rain in the summer. It has it's bad points - it's brown in summer. Today there's a break in the rain and it's especially green.
I went out to see what's blooming. 

Loropetalum Plum Delight, the Chinese Fringe Flower...
Summer snowflakes seem a bit confused about the season...
Daffodils of all sorts spangle the shade under the old oak...



The King Alfred all died out but these guys are happily multiplying.

A pair of crabapples cheer the kitchen window...


I can't grow most primroses (too hot and dry in summer) but I can grow bergenia,

and columbine,

Lemon scented daphne...


...and the sweetest Parma violets.


It's too pretty to stay inside. Ally and I are going for a walk.












No comments:

Post a Comment