Monday, August 25, 2014

Drafting!

It's been a long time since I drew a plan.  Longer still since I had such a tight deadline, but my friend is in the middle of a remodel (no, not that friend.  another one...must be catching...) and she will be installing the landscape while I'm away, so my usual "get these plants and call me when they arrive - I'll come and wave my arms around" isn't gonna work.   So we got out the tracing paper and went to work.
We had so much fun - choosing, editing, imagining - all while the phones were ringing, the dog barking and the washer going off like a carnival ride.  Ding ding ding!  I'd shoot it.

A friend who can see something before it's built is a rarity, and a friend with awesome taste rarer still.  And a friend who will hand you a sharp pencil (about a hundred times - I'm hard on pencils) is, well, awesome.  Lucky me!  

Can't wait to see it after it's all planted (and yes it is a water wise garden, thank you for asking).

Doing something difficult, and doing it well is so satisfying.  Doing it with a good friend is better still.  Great day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment