Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Coveting Curtains

Wouldn't this be a great place to start the day? The cheery yellow, the crisp blue and white, the lemon trees, the clever mix of patterns...and I love the window.  I don't think you can call them curtains, or drapes.  I guess this is why the term window treatment got invented.
I have an unfortunate bathroom. Not far from the front door, near the kitchen, around the corner from the dining room. You see it as you walk between rooms, and the commode is in plain sight.

Friends have suggested "Close the door".  But that makes the hall dark and gloomy.
"Reverse the door".   Then you'd have to shimmy into the bathroom, and you couldn't get to the sink.  It's a small bathroom, really.

"Hang a curtain from the ceiling. Between the commode and the sink. You can tie it back, you can gather it, you can have fun with it."  Brilliant.  Thank you Cathy.  Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to the Scalamandre website to see about getting yards and yards of this fabric.  I think I'll do the window, too while I'm at it.  

And what are your rainy day dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment