Saturday, January 10, 2015

resolutions redux

I thought of a few more things, not resolutions - remember, we're done with those.   Nope, instead of making a list of future failures (more often called New Year's Resolutions) I am making a list of Things I've Accomplished In The Last Year.  I hope it catches on, it's a whole lot more uplifting than that list of shortcomings you plan to overcome and probably won't.  

So here are a few more:
I started playing the piano again.

I can better hear the still small voice that says "Something is amiss here."  And I'm paying more attention to that voice, 'cause I'm always sorry when I don't.  So much in this world tells you not to listen - holding onto a quiet place and learning to listen for that voice is the work of a lifetime. 

I have decided that some of the things I write are just for me.  I'll let you know how it feels.  But I probably won't let you read them...

I'm taking a digital photography class.  Mostly to have more fun and less frustration with my point-and-shoot camera.  Whether the photos on this blog will improve is an entirely different matter.  Stay tuned.  

What have you done that you're proud of?  What have you started?  What have you left behind that desperately needed leaving behind? 

No comments:

Post a Comment